Procurement & Supplier Management.
Identifying business needs and managing Suppliers.
Within Procurement you provide your company with required goods and services, your office supplies or your sub contractors. With requests for quotations you make sure, that prices and service of several suppliers are compared in a reasonable and transparent manner. However, procurement bears some risks: The requests are not prepared thoroughly, they may get in conflict with legal rules, agreements may not be made according to compliance standards, documentation may be insufficient, suppliers not be screened for reliablity and performance cabability. Now you want to set up a safe, effective and efficient procurement process which is compliant to legal requirements and ethical standards.
WHAT ARE THE ISSUES?
Determination and description of purchasing demand, requests for quotation, supplier evaluation, negotiation, signing procedure, contract performance, contract controlling and quality control, issue management, payment processes, documentation and archiving, supplier controlling & assessment
The following questions may arise in this context:
- Is the organisational setup of the procurement organisation appropriate to its needs?
- How is the cooperation between procurement and business departments organised?
- Are responsibilities, rights and duties clearly defined and documented and are these rules being adhered to?
- How are requirements to purchasing goods and services analysed and specified?
- What is the basis for requests of quotations?
- What procedures exist to evaluate supplier performance capabilities, reliability and legal compliance?
- How is the negotiation and contracting process organised and documented?
- Are all contracts legally valid and archived according legal requirements?
- How does procurement control the quality of delivered services and goods?
- In case of project contracts: Do criteria for an effective and efficient project management exist and are they embedded in the contractual agreements?
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
We analyse your procurement process with regard to optimisation potential and provide adequate recommendations to every issue.
We advise you in context of all relevant topics. If necessary, we support you in creating a solution design and we help you developing a roadmap for its implementation.
We may invite you to our seminar 'contract Management' or we may perform a workshop to your specific topics.
In the implementation phase we may advise you in context with all relevant details or we support your project deliverables with regular quality assessments. If desired, we may take over the project managers role or assist your project manager.
WHAT ADVANTAGES CAN WE EXPECT?
- You will get an independent overview on your procurement process including potentials for improvement.
- Your procurement process will adhere to all important legal requirements. Procurement policies will ensure that business departments and procurement will work together closely and efficiently.
- You will possess a modern Supplier Screening, that enables you to evaluate your suppliers systematically and transparently.
- With an effective documentation and archiving concept you will be better able to administrate the life cycle of your supplier contracts.
- Your Supplier performance controlling may be executed timely and precisely.