Corporate Planning and Controlling.
Navigating through your business.
Corporate planning and controlling are instruments to ensure that strategic goals are broken down into operational targets, which can be measured. The executive board relies on appropriate, understandable and decision oriented information to detect plan deviations in the business development, which enables taking appropriate corrective actions. But in many cases controlling has to struggle with operative issues, it does not cover all necessary areas or is too much focusing on figures instead of explanations and forecasts. Thus sometimes the original mandate, the regular fair and clear overview on the business development, the company’s cash and the impacts to this development, may fall short. This is the starting point to have a look at the controlling processes effectiveness and efficiency.
WHAT ARE THE ISSUES?
Organisational Setup, central, de-central and local controlling, the corporate planning and controlling process, key performance indicators, multi-year-planning, forecasts and controlling reports, cost controlling, cost centers, action plans, cash planning and cash management, project controlling, investment controlling
The following questions may arise in this context:
- Is controlling’s organisational setup according to its process needs?
- Are all important controlling areas covered by the organisational structure?
- Are basic information and analysis reliable and management-oriented?
- Is controlling effective and efficient?
- Are reports valuable and enable business control?
- Are reasonable key performance indicators in place?
- Is the planning process simple, straight, traceable and purposive?
- Are forecasts realistic and consistent?
- Do business units, management and controlling collaborate in a constructive and efficient manner?
HOW CAN YOU HELP US?
We may review the organisational structure of your existing controlling with the aim to identify optimisation potential. We assess the significance of the audit results and will provide adequate recommendations for improvement to you.
We may develop a new or optimised controlling concept for you or we may take over customized operative controlling tasks in the context of a service contract.
Besides open seminars we transfer our knowledge of the corporate planning and controlling process in in-house-trainings and workshops to you and your controlling staff.
We may advise you in all detail questions when implementing a controlling system. If you want, we may assist you with a quality assurance service, to ensure results reflect the desired outcomes or we may actively support or audit the implementation project.
WHAT ADVANTAGES CAN WE EXPECT?
- You get a fair and independent overview on improvement potentials in the existing controlling process.
- You will possess a new controlling concept, which has less focus on figures but on your needs to control your business development and the required information.
- All business areas have an integrated controlling concept, so double work, gaps and frictions may be avoided or at least being reduced to a minimum.
- You always know, where your business currently stands – and you may take the right decisions in the right moment.
- Your controlling staff may assist you in defining appropriate measures to control your business development better and to track corrective actions.