Project Portfolio Management.
Managing Changes effectively.
Project portfolios are derived from a companies or business areas strategic and operative requirements. Besides a highly professional management of the single projects it is essential, that only productive projects with clearly defined objectives are set up in a coordinated manner. But how can you ensure, that spare resources are disposed reasonably and that only experienced project managers are engaged?
Who ensures, that status reports reflect the project’s reality without the projects later exceeding budgets, time lines and showing quality deficiencies, thus producing uncomfortable surprises at their end?
WHAT ARE THE ISSUES?
- Strategic project planning, dependency management, approval processes for projects, status reporting, benefit control, risk management and decision management
- Standards, templates and tools for successful Project-, Programme- and Portfolio management
The following issues may arise in this context:
- Are projects set up in consistence with the company or business unit strategy?
- How do you ensure, that only really required projects are set up?
- Are project progress reports informative and reflect a true and clear picture of the project’s status compared to the plan? May decisions be taken based on these reports as they reflect a sound decision platform?
- Are standards, tools and templates in place which enable projects being led following the principles of a Best Practice Project Management Methodology?
- Are project standards (e. g project manuals) appropriate, accepted by project staff and regularly in use?
- Does somebody with sufficient time and experience take care of the distribution, use and update of project standards, tools and templates?
- Do you have a systematic approach fort he selection, qualification and motivation of capable and experienced project managers and project staff?
HOW CAN YOU HELP US?
We audit your project control system (project portfolio management and project standards) according to the standards of the new ‚Leitfaden zur Prüfung des Projektsteuerungssystems’ (Guideline for auditing the project control system, only German Version available), we assess the current status and provide adequate recommendations to realise improvements. Of course we take into consideration your company’s and your projects sizes as well as the specific type of your projects.
We advise you how to control and supervise your projects more effectively and more efficiently and we develop concepts for this purpose. We develop a conceptual model for effective and efficient Project portfolio management including the necessary set of project standards and guidelines.
We communicate the most important success factors of this complex expertise area to you and your employees by using case examples in seminars and in-house-trainings.
We develop a Project plan for the set up of a Project control system with you and support you in the realisation phase to assess, whether the results comply with the requirements and show desirable quality. In this context we also advise you in details for the successful implementation of the conceptual design.
WHAT ADVANTAGES CAN WE EXPECT?
- You will get transparency about all your important projects.
- You will get basics for project decision making processes and will be enabled to take well-founded decisions.
- Your Projects will cost less money, will be more successful and be earlier finished.